Montego Bay Sangster International Airport (MBJ)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Montego Bay, Jamaica)
Situated on the north-west coast of Jamaica, Montego Bay Sangster International Airport (MBJ) is only a few kilometres north of the city. Highway A1 provides most access from the city and all routes are clearly signposted around the island.
Near to Sangster Airport you will find Saint James directly south, Trelawny to the south-east, and Hanover and Westmoreland to the south-west. Saint Elizabeth lies further south and stands next to the Manchester area. Especially close are Iron Shore, Providence, Rosemount, Green Pond, Montego Free Port and Torbay.
Directions to Sangster International Airport (MBJ) from the north of Montego Bay:
Directions to Sangster International Airport (MBJ) from the south of Montego Bay:
- Take Highway A1 west and south-west along the coast
- Turn right into the airport grounds about 3 km / 2 miles before reaching Montego Bay
Directions to Sangster International Airport (MBJ) from the east of Montego Bay:
- From Montego Bay and the south, take A1 north and north-east
- Turn left for the airport
- Take the coastal A1 west from Kingston and the east of the island
- Turn right for the airport before reaching Montego Bay proper
Caution is required when driving in Jamaica, as most of the roads are not in very good condition. They can become extremely congested during the daytime, particularly around Montego Bay and other major cities on the island. However, the main highways are in acceptable condition, including the A1 highway, which offers fast access to the airport.